New here with Ficth Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here with Ficth Question?

Hello everyone, I will be honest I joined to get some info on these engines because I looked at a boat yesterday that I liked which I thought had a 150E-Tec on it and when I got to the boat and opened the cowling it had Fitch on it. Years back I heard these were horrible engines that bankrupted Evinrude. I made the broker call the owner because there was a story behind this engine. So what I got was that the original engine had issues that Evinrude made good on but then engine crapped out and he repowered believe it or not with again with a Ficth current 2004 which is now bombardier and they gave him a seven year warranty and I think a deep discount when he bought it. He is claiming that he has had zero issues with this engine. I live in NY and I looked at this boat down in Florida because I was down there anyway visiting family. I really liked the boat(1999 Mako). Very well maintained and some wiggle room with price. I obviously would have to have this engine looked at by a mechanic before purchase but I am already thinking about resale being a problem because of the reputation of Ficth. Everyone on my fishing forums are ripping this engine and telling me to stay far away which I probably should. My question is did Bombardier make the corrections to this engine once Evinrude was belly up . Did they ever make decent engines again ? Any info would help. Thank you

The 150's didn't have as many major problem as the larger models but the thing now is that there are a lot of parts that are no longer available. Might check parts availability on like injectors, ignition coils and EMM's.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

I think I am going to stay away from this boat because of this engine unfortunately. The boat is super clean and well kept with a trailer and I could probably get this boat cheap but even if the motor stay good if I want to move up to a bigger boat in a few seasons the resale will be difficult. Thanks for the input

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
        The 150's didn't have as many major problem as the larger models but the thing now is that there are a lot of parts that are no longer available. Might check parts availability on like injectors, ignition coils and EMM's.
        I am still thinking about this boat. I called a company that rebuilds the EMM's . These guys actually worked for OMC prior to bankruptcy. EMM' are anywhere from $550- $700 . What is the best watch to check on injectors and ignition coils

Comment

Still thinking about this boat. I called a company that rebuilds the EMM's, these guys worked at OMC right up until the bankruptcy. Cost is $550-700. What is the best way to check on injectors and ignition coils.
          thanks

Comment

Get the model number and look up parts here at http://www.boats.net/parts/search/BR...UDE/parts.html , part will be mark obsolete if no longer available.
            Depending on exact model the injectors will probably be obsolete.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Get the model number and look up parts here at http://www.boats.net/parts/search/BR...UDE/parts.html , part will be mark obsolete if no longer available.
              Depending on exact model the injectors will probably be obsolete.
              thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
              X