E15REIA issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E15REIA issues

I have a 1991 15 hp evinrude (E15REIA). This motor has set up for several years. I am having trouble with it at high speeds. It will run great for about 100yds and then it starts to stall somewhat. It will never go dead. It stalls and then picks back up. Over and over. I have rebuilt the carburetor and fuel pump several times looking for anything I’ve missed. I have also put a brand new tank and hose with all new fittings and bulb. Still nothing helps. I’ve took the fuel line off going to the carburetor while it’s running and watched the fuel pump. It seems to loose pressure when I rev it up but still pushes fuel. I’ve also set the float position to level (while upside down) and made sure throttle paddle in the carburetor is perfectly straight when throttled up. Did a compression check and have 110 and 115. Can anybody tell me anything else that might b cause if the issue. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

I forgot to mention that if I pump the bulb about every 10 secinds or so it runs great

Comment

If can keep it running by pumping primer bulb then it's starving for gas, bad fuel pump, restricted fuel lines or pickup in gas tank or air leaks on fuel hose fittings. Since you have replaced fuel hose and tank probably need to put new fuel pump on it.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Actually I have put a new fuel pump on it and after one time in the water the gasket was destroyed. Cheap fuel pump I guess. After that I bought another fuel pump kit and rebuilt it. None of that has changed the outcome. I’m at a loss. I was thinking of buying another new pump and trying it just to see if maybe I have a bad seed or something

Comment

Can anybody tell me if this sufficient pressure for the fuel pump. It seems to loose some pressure when I rev it up

https://youtu.be/GB3WEomowJo

Comment

I had a similar issue with a yamaha I had.. Fuel pumps were bad... I replaced them with Sierra Aftermarket pumps.. ran great for 2 weeks..Then problems again , just as you describe. Drove me crazy trouble shooting cause new fuel can't be bad.. Right ??? WRONG !!!! Sent all 3 back to Sierra and replaced with OEM..... problem solved..

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. Gonna try another fuel pump I guess.

Comment

Working...
              X