Pressure tank repair question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure tank repair question

I have an old evinrude pressurized gas tank that has a leak around the cover on the top. A very slow leak that I can hear hissing and after an hour you can see it has been slowly leaking gas. I’m having difficulty uploading a photo but I’m sure the experts here know what I’m talking about. My question is this: If I unscrew and remove this top cover can I use a sealant to repair it? If so what is the recommended product to use? Sorry for any poor terminology or descriptions used here. And thanks in advance to anyone with any insight on the matter.

Personally I doubt if any kind of sealant would do the job. The sealing gasket part number is 302557 and strangely could still be available. If it were me, before taking the tank apart, I would at least see if I could locate that item. Even if it's leaking at some other inner component, I'm sure it would be leaking at that gasket seal due to disa$$embly process.
    Last edited by Joe Reeves; 03-24-2019, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Thank you. I searched and found several on eBay. I ordered one for $6 delivered. It should solve my issue. I have a 1956 super fastwin that used to purr like a kitten, now at trolling speeds it wants to croak unless I prime the tank due to lost pressure, I ***ume. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X