Low fuel warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low fuel warning

On my I-command today I got many "Warning!!! low fuel tank". On occasion it was a high fuel tank warning. Boat has plenty of fuel in it and the fuel gauge indicates that. It's a 2012 115hp Etec. Anyone ever had this problem? Thanks.
    Last edited by Fishin; 05-19-2019, 03:43 PM.

That gauge will display more than 1 fuel tank level, check settings to see if tank settings are correct.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Today, no fuel warning but on my 2012
      115 hp Etec I Ran about 45 min. and shut down. Then when I went to move 2 knots was all I could go at full throttle. .1 fuel flow on the I-command. I tried again after an hour. It took right off. Hit a no wake zone then tried to speed up, back to 2 knots. Got a tow the last mile. Waited 4 hrs for BoatUS. Never showed. Fuel filter just changed. Any idea what to look at? Thanks.

Comment

If you got an alarm it may have went into SAFE mode(Rpm reduction), if so then it needs to have computer diagnostic ran on it to see what fault code is activated. Sounds like a fuel problem, inspect fuel system for water or trash in filters, run a fuel vacuum test at inlet side of VRO pump to see if have a fuel restriction in boat fuel system( you can run it on a 6 gallon portable fuel tank and new fuel hose to see if runs better on portable tank)
        Run a fuel pressure test at high pressure fuel pump to see if it maintains good fuel pressure going to injectors when its running bad.
        If have good fuel pressure then need to test injectors.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

I put in fresh fuel (premium) and some injector cleaner. I will run it Thursday. Previous owner sore by premium gas. Is that necessary? I will update when I determine the problem. Thanks.

Comment

No premium is not needed, that engine runs on 87 octane.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks. I didn't think so but the previous owner was adamant about using premium.

Comment

Working...
              X