G2 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G2 issues

bought Evinrude g2 200 h.o. 2 years ago and have had multiple issues. It’s again sitting at dealer where I bought it and there extremely busy. Can I take it to any certified Evinrude dealer for repairs?

First year it was oil sending unit and wiring backbone harness. Beginning of this season was a power steering coupler which was a big job and they had boat 5 weeks. I’ve had boat back about a month and now I have no readings at all on electronic display. Error codes 20,114,115 which all say network error I believe. Notice a couple times at around 1200 rpm motor will stop for a split second then come right back.

Comment

That sounds like an electrical issue, I know you said it is now at dealer but first thing to check is battery cables. Best to remove and clean battery cable terminals and battery post and put a little grease on battery post and cables. Do not use wing nuts on battery post, use self locking hex nuts and tighten with a wrench.
      You can take it to any certified Evinrude dealer, go to Evinrude's web site(https://www.evinrude.com/en-US/find-a-dealer.html) and search for a dealer close to you, give them a call to see what the turn around time would be.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Yes that was the first thing I did. Cleaned all cables and installed 1 new battery. Made sure I had good connections. All other electronics on boat run flawlessly like Fish finder, radar, live wells, wash down and all lighting.

Comment

Then that would leave only the network, check that network has power going to NMEA Tee, check inline fuse and check all network cable connections and check for corrosion in cable connections.
          If all that is good then connecting it to Evinrude diagnostic would be needed to find communication problem within the network system.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X