Buy Evinrude Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outboard in need of a new fuel pump. How do you release fuel pressure in the engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outboard in need of a new fuel pump. How do you release fuel pressure in the engine?

Hey all,

So i have a 2007 Evinrude 250hp E-Tech 2-stroke and I'm planning on replacing the fuel lift pump and vapor separator ***embly on. My mechanic ghosted me so i'll just do it myself. The one issue i have is i don't know how to properly release fuel pressure in the engine so i can do the work. Currently I'm thinking of turning off the fuel lines and running the motor dry (the motor has been ran dry 2-3 times in the past couple years and hasn't had a problem starting other than the obvious need for a fuel pump replacement). Is this a bad idea? Should i just find another mechanic? Or if you actually know the correct way to release fuel pressure, that info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Mini_Niz

If you have a fuel pressure gauge with a vent hose then install pressure gauge and open vent valve to drain fuel. If you don't have gauge then cover Schrader valve on VST with a heavy rag then push in on valve inside Schrader to release pressure. Fuel could be under a lot of pressure so be careful and wear eye protection.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X