1999 Evinrude four stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Evinrude four stroke

Took the boat and motor to a dealer to have it hooked up to computer and scaned but the dealer doesn't have the rite cable to scan my motor.
    Fuel is getting into the crankcase!The shop ask me if the oil was overfilled after i had just performed an oil change the week before 4.8 quarts and the dip stick shows it to be over full.The mechanic pumped two quarts out of the motor before it would register normal on the dip stick.It has to be fuel in the cranckcase or the oil would look like milk if it were water.Not sure how fuel is getting into crankcase good compression on all four cylinders 175 all way cross.

If oil has gas in it then oil will have gas smell to it. If it does have gas in it then all oil needs to be changed. Check fuel system, leaking fuel pumps, carbs flooding (if carb model).
    Last edited by boats.net; 10-06-2009, 12:26 PM.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

looks to be a faulty fuel pump.

Comment

After replacing fuel pump ran engine for a short time on water hose(muffs) and now have gas coming out of in take while engine is running?

Comment

If it's a fuel injected model float valve in vapor separator tank may be stuck open. If carb model then floats in carbs may be stuck open.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

It is fuel injected E70PL4EEC model Suzuki with Evinrude Name?

Comment

Working...
            X