1997 4hp water pump kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 4hp water pump kit

Hi: I recently received an Evinrude/Johnson 0431785 Water repair kit. All the parts match up with those in my 1997 4 hp Johnson Model J4REU, with the exception of a little black "O" ring (1/2"OD). It was in an envelope with the number 324276 on the back. I do not see that "O" ring on my water pump or on the schematic on the web page. 1997 J4RLEUC Johnson Outboard GEARCASE Diagram and Parts Please let me know where the "O" ring goes as I would not like to omit the part if it is needed for re***embly. Thank you, Richard

Most of the time the water pump repair kits contain parts for multiple engines. I would bet that it would be used on some models; if not yours, as a seal for the drive shaft splines where they fit into the crankshaft. If you look at the top of the driveshaft and inspect the splines there will be a recessed area cut into the splines where it would go.

Hope this helps you out some.

Comment

Thank you

Thanks for writing. There was no recessed area near splines on the driveshaft. I am beginning to think the "O" ring is for use with a different outboard than the one I have. I did see where the kit can be used for a variety of motors.

Comment

Working...
      X