Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evinrude 40hk -1990 acting strange.

Long story short.

Bought this boat last year, run perfectly fine to autumn. Then it acted like this (watch video down below).

Then it became winter, changed ignition coil, cdi, cleaned carbs, went through The whole engine.
    ​​​​​​

Fast forward to spring, took The boat in The water, only run on one cylinder, faulttracing very long until i found out i got a bad ignition coil from dealer, changed that. Could drive it smoother than last year but still just one cylinder. Another long days of faulttracing i found out my cdi was broken (maybe few hours used), changed back to my old one and now it does like this (watch video) on and off.

I tried grounding my sensor cable and it works (overheating sound) and The sensor is new, Also The termostat is new.

When this happens it can be for 5min or 30, then it can be completley fine and run smooth for The rest of The day, but this is annoying as hell and I dont know where to look anymore.

Im thinking my cdi could be bad (but still better than The new one i got that was broken ), and it makes my engine stall? Or maybe The stator could be bad?

Need some new fresh thinking on how to continue so i can enjoy The rest of the season until The snow arrives!!

https://files.fm/u/pj95w53rc
Working...
X