86 evrude 90 hp/how 2 eliminate vro pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86 evrude 90 hp/how 2 eliminate vro pump

Hello, I will spare you all the details of the many hours I've spent fixing this motor since buying from a guy who said it was running perfectly. After replacing all fuel lines, checked all vacuum lines...engine runs for 20 mins just fine and then konks out. Fortunately while sitting on the water and multiple starting attempts it has gotten started again. I suspect the problem to be a weak VRO pump. How do I replace the VRO pump with a premix to eliminate VRO? I have a 1986 90 hp Evinrude outboard on an 86 Thundercraft v hull. Sure would be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks!

8/8/13 Tested the vro for pressure. Pressure was stable @ 6-6.5 lb. Pressure did fall at regular intervals. I ***ume that would be the float valves operating. I am going to check again for any fuel or vacuum leaks.

Q. Due to the fact the boat sank once I am not shure if the warning horn works. Are there any other cut off devices that would kill engine?
    Last edited by rogerj; 08-12-2013, 04:19 PM. Reason: more work more info. 8/8/13 Tested the vro for pressure. Pressure was stable @ 6-6.5 lb. Pressure did fall at regular interva
Working...
X