Buy Evinrude Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1987 evinrude V140 Fires up the dies when put in gear.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 evinrude V140 Fires up the dies when put in gear.

Hello all. I am not liking this Motor very much thus far. I will get to the short of it.
    I have a 26ft. Cat deck boat with the evinrude 140 on it. In the past 3 months the motor became very hard to get started. Initially maybe a minute or two and I would be up and running. I had my mechanic look at it and right off the get go he said I needed to fix the magnets in the flywheel. I did have 1 magnet completely unglued, I fixed a little later on.

Since then I got stuck on the lake a couple times now, due to what seemed like the battery was dead.

So I have replaced the batteries, 2 brand new. Then the starter went out, this was only a year old. I replaced it along with the solenoid. Back in business, or so I thought.

Engine had good compression, spark, fuel everything you need to make a motor run. Pulled plugs when cranking and have spark. Well come to find out when I put the Flywheel back on the key seems to be worn down so it was installed wrong. I took it off and put back on correctly. Motor fires right up.

So my problem now is it won't stay running when I put it in gear, forward or reverse. Idles ok, and is firing up...but dies right out when put into gear. I already replaced all fuel lines and filter. Carbs were cleaned2 times in the past 6 months (troubleshooting). Powerpack was replaced last year by previous owner.

I don't know, has anyone had similar issues. Does anyone know much about these motors?
Working...
X