mid to full throttle drops off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mid to full throttle drops off

Hello all. I have a boat I am interested in buying but has an issue with medium to full throttle.
    Owner sent me this messageknow about the motor. I bought the boat from a mutual friend for $2,500 in summer of 2013.** he said it sometimes ran hot after 15-20 minutes. we took the lower end off and the water pump impella was ok. my mechanic saw that one of the heads had been replaced with new gasket so he pulled the other head and the gasket had a small break so he replaced that. he did a compression check on each of the 4 cylinders(v-4 140 h.p) they were all around 120-125 psi which he said was ok. he cleaned the carbs and adjusted the manual choke and we ran it for 45 minutes with a hose and muffs and it didn’t heat up at all. we took it out on the water and it ran great for 20 minutes then it lost power. we brought it back to the shop and checked the fuel systems and tank and we replaced some of the fuel lines attached to carburetor . I put a hose to it and ran it for another 30 minutes at a high idle and no problem. the gas tank was low so I filled it up and put some stabil in gas and ran it again with hose and revved it a lot and put it in forward and reverse and it was fine. put it back in the water and again it ran for 1/2 and hour and it was fine. I tried to sell it for $2,900 that summer and no takers so I* winterized it. this summer it* fired it right up and we put it in the water once and it ran ok but it seems to lose power at high speeds after 15-20 minutes. at low speed it goes no problem. we are 90% sure it’s something fuel related. either fuel pump or carburetors. SHOULD I BUY THIS BOAT AND MOTOR?
Working...
X