1971 85hp no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1971 85hp no spark

Hello I have a 1971 85hp evinrude 85esl71a model motor and the motor ran great last year until the end of the season. I now don't have spark on any cylinders and no spark or power at the coil! I'll let you know now my one weakness with engines is electrical diagnosis. I am getting power from the power pack but was unable to get any reading on direct current coming from the lead strip to the coil. At that point I stopped and was pretty much stumped on where to proceed. It does have a rectifier and clipper ***embly also a lead and diode thing. The motor is in excellent condition except for this problem. I have 130lbs on all four cylinders the carburetor was rebuilt last year. I have replaced everything from the coil on. Electronic eye, cap, rotor, etc. I have on order a new coil and rectifier but am waiting on them to arrive. I only purchased them cause I found them for fairly cheap and figured it couldn't hurt, but I need to find a way to diagnose why I'm not getting spark rather than just keep replacing parts until it works. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Working...
X