Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 25hp to 35hp upgrade

Hello Evinrude Family,

I own a 1989 (Model: E25TELCEM) 25 hp that I would like to upgrade to a 35 hp. This is an electric start model. I understand that this upgrade actually brings my 25 hp to 30 hp because the way hp is now measured. Can any one point me to a carb and manifold from a 35 hp that is from my generation outboard? I think that I might need to also replace the cam which is attached to the magneto armature plate too. Is that part number 326876?

My 25 hp currently starts and idles OK. I noticed that my lower spark plug is more polluted with build up. My motor runs a little rough until I open her up burn off the crap on the lower plug, than she runs pretty good. I notice a small amount of the gas/oil mixture pooling around the lake water when I shut the engine off. This outboard has never had carb work done. I was wondering if I am looking at a needle valve no longer seating correctly or some other carb problem? So I thought if I need a carb rebuild, maybe this would be a good time to upgrade the carb and manifold to squeeze a little more performance out of her. From what I read, folks say they have a better idle and a little more zip to get up on plane.

Any pertinent info on doing this upgrade, would be appreciated. I live in Lowell, Indiana.
    Last edited by jopat1989; 05-06-2016, 04:28 AM.
Working...
X