2000 225 Fuel Lift Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 225 Fuel Lift Pump

I own a 2000 225hp Ficht E225FXPSCC and it started exhausting fuel and oil. I thought it might be a faulty injector but after pulling the plugs and cranking the engine over found that two of the cylinders (3 & 5) have excessive fuel being sprayed out.
    I immediately thought it might be a faulty injector, but after swapping an injector from a good cylinder I concluded it wasn't the injector. I then thought it might be the EMM, however when I spoke with a tech that rebuilds them, he suggested it might be broken diaphragm in the fuel lift pump.

Before I go and spend $440 on new one, I wanted to get a second opinion.
    As a test, I disconnect the fuel line going into the fuel separator and squeezed the fuel bulb. This caused fuel to come out of the hose, indicating that the diaphragm in the lift pump was broken allowing fuel to freely flow through, sound right?

Again, I'm not sure of what I'm doing is valid, so any help will be appreciated.
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    Resolved: In case anyone is interested, I decided to purchase a new Fuel Lift pump, and it did not fit the issue of excessive fuel. The issue was due to a broken injector nozzle, this is part that the injector mounts to and it gets mounted to the power head. Once the fuel pump was started fuel would just p*** through into the cylinder and eventually out the exhaust.
    Last edited by pageman; 08-16-2016, 07:28 PM. Reason: Resolved Issue
Working...
X