1975 50hp model 50473m no spark/plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1975 50hp model 50473m no spark/plugs

Help?!!! I have 1975 lark 50 hp model 50473m that has no spark to the sparkplugs.Powerpack has been replaced but still no spark at plugs,cranks finr just no spark! What circuit/gizmo takes care of cutting the spark to kill the engine? Could there be a short that has the spark killed. I did have to replace some trailer wiring due to rodent damage. Could the rodents have eaten into a wire between the ignition switch and the motor that would cause a short and have the motor in the kill spark mode??? As you can tell, I don't know beans about this,just looking for HELP!!!

A short in the harness can cause no spark. The kill wire is a ground, I am uncertain the color. You can also check the rest of the ignition system with an ohms meter and a service manual.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for your reply and help with this.My boat repair guy ended up replacing the timing ring/sensor? that is under the flywheel.Said he put on a new powerpak and was getting weak spark,that is when he traced the problem to the timing ring sensor thingy,put on a used one and all is reported to be good now!!I was beginning to think that I was going to miss out on all of the good fishing I've been hearing about. Plan to go Friday to try the boat and the crappie fishing out! I'll just be happy if the motor runs good ,as for the fishing, I won't be surprised if what I hear is "Man, you shoulda been here YESTERDAY,the were tearing it up!!!" If I catch some fish,it will be a bonus to a good day! Better than working either way. Where would be a good place to get a good manual for this old of a motor? Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X