Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPM Rating

Model E200TXENE

I purchased a 22' aquasport last winter with this engine. Ran well last summer but upon winterization last fall we discovered the installed prop was improper. Now I'm looking to sea trial a new prop and need to know the max RPM rating for this engine so I can select the right pitch.

Does anyone have a manual for this engine that would tell me this info?

Thanks, Adam

Should be 5500 rpm
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Once I rewired my Tach, the sea trial resulted in a WOT rpm of 3900 at about 30mph. So, it looks like I need less pitch than the 19" that I currently have.

Do you agree with this conclusion? What should I expect from performance with a lower pitch - lower minimum speed, faster out of the block, less mpg at top end?

Do you have a specific prop to recommend?

Thanks

Comment

Yes if that is all your getting and the engine is running properly then you should drop the pitch for acceleration. MPG can go either way, then engine will be running higher rpm's but working less. Sometime MPG goes up, sometimes down. Make sure your engine is running perfect before changing. That would have to be a very heavy boat to have that low of RPM's with that horsepower and propeller.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X