1991 25reie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 25reie

i have a 91 e25reie that will idle fine but when i put it in gear and try to go it will run for about 10-15 second under load and quit, unless i keep squeezing
    the primer bulb. i replaced the fuel pump hose and tank but it still will not run
    under load, if i dont squeeze the bulb when its running it will go soft and the motor quits.
    any ideas. i also cleaned the carb [3 times]
    thanks
    Last edited by buzzyb; 07-15-2012, 07:07 PM.

May have a fuel restriction in gas hose, filters or pickup in gas tank or an air leak
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

91 reie

i replaced the hose and tank (including the fittings), cleaned all the fuel lines from the carb to the pump and everywhere in between..and it still has the same problem...anything else i should look for?
      thanks

Comment

May still have a fuel pump issue.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

fiqured it out, float was in upside down.
          runs great now
          thanks for the input

Comment

buzzyb and or anyone that may have some insight,

Do you get good flow out of the tell tale on your motor? I just replaced my water pump and I still get no flow out of that hose. I'm ***uming it is the in the back on the fuel line side routed around back to the oposite side and down through the lower cover. Could it be the thermostat? Will that prevent flow out the tell tale if it is frozen closed? I have the same motor, glad you were able to figure out the problem with yours.

Regards,
            Michael

Comment

The water is for the indicator is not effected by the thermostat. Try blowing compressed air back through the indicator hose. This will clear it out if there is a clogg.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Took it apart this morning to verify that the tube was indeed in the grommet in the housing which it was. While I have the lower unit off again, I did the compressed air but don't know where it should be coming out. It sounds like it is up inside the midsection Where does the water tube go?

Comment

It runs up into the adaptor plate and into the power head. The compressed air should come out the water tube.
                  Regards
                  Boats.net
                  Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

I thought I had sent an update to my post but it didn't show. When I did the compressed air from the top, it did indeed come out the water tube. I initially did it from the water tube and got nothing out the top After going from the top it must have cleared a blockage because now I get air flow from either direction. Putting it back together tomorrow.
                    Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X