New prop for 200 HO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New prop for 200 HO

I am looking to upgrade props on my 2009 200 hp HO. Motor is on majek illusion. Any suggestions?

What pitch and diameter are you running now? What are your RPM's and Speed? What are you wanting to accomplish?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Not sure of pitch or diameter. Model # E200HVLISR 2009. Running 38-39 mph at 4,500ish RPMs. Can run north of 47 mph at 5200 RPMs.

Would like to gain speed. Still need a good hole shot to get up in skinny water.
      Where can I find pitch and diameter?

Comment

There should be a number stamped on the propeller with a following P (ex: 17p) The stamped location can be anywhere, depending on prop manufacturer. So you want to increase your speed to 5200 rpm's? Or do you already run 5200 rpm?
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

I am currently running 5200 rpms on the top end.
          My prop says: 1'+.5 x 19. Not sure what that is but surely someone knows.
          Just looking to see if a new prop will help with performance.

Comment

That should actually be 14.5x19, which is a 14.5 diameter by 19 pitch. Your rpm range is 4500-5800. Rule of thumb with propellers are 1p up, decreases acceleration/increases top speed (also drops rpm by 200-300rpm) and visa-versa for pitch down. These are estimates. You are most likely using your optimum propeller. 4blade props help with accel and midrange, but are not top speed props.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X