'94 Vindicator 225, Model E225STLERK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '94 Vindicator 225, Model E225STLERK

I have am having some difficulty with my '94 vindicator. It will no longer shift out of forward. I have checked the cable between the shifter lever and the motor. I can see the shift rod move at the motor move up, to neutral, and down. I have not dropped the lower unit at this point because I want to make sure I make the correct repair.

I have tried to find a blown up diagram of the linkage connections for this motor but have been unsuccessful.

My initial thought is to disconnect the cable at the top end of the shift rod, then drop the lower unit. I believe that there is a linkage that has come loose/broken, etc.. I would appreciate advice on whether this is the proper course. I welcome any questions for clarification in the event I have not stated the situation clearly. Thanks for any and all ***istance.

If you are seeing the shift linkage move at the motor, then you need to drop the lower unit and verify the linkage is still in tact. If the linkage is still intact then the problem is in lower unit.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

'94 225 Vindicator shift issue

Thanks for the quick response. I suspected that dropping the lower unit and inspecting the shift linkage connections would be the path. I suppose the greater question would be the best resource for maintenance repair information (i.e., the question about exploded diagrams). I am not afraid of taking anything apart, but pictures and add'l information is always a big plus. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comment

The best resource would be the oem service manual. The following links should ***ist you.

Original outboard product and service manuals for Johnson, Evinrude, Gale, and OMC
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X