Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evinrude 2003 225 lost compresion on cylinder 5

Hello Guys
    I just bought a boat with and evinrude with one cylinder not compresion apparently a ring broken. I Plan to rebuild but heres the summary of the computer report.
    code 22 temp swicth close
    code 38 fail on oil system

Yesterday I activate oil injector with computer and apparently is ok see also thru the air intake and show normal oil lubrication I will work in all the hoses inividual to ensure everything is ok.

I am thinking possible overheat due tem switch close.

I will appreciate any support

¨Regards
    Jluna

If you are going to rebuild engine then may want to replace water pump, check or replace thermostats and test oil injection throughly when get engine running to make sure working ok.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

evinrude 225

Question temp switch close can cause an overheat or not sent signal to EMM
      and slow the motor?

Comment

It wont cause an overheat but a closed switch should signal overheat warning.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Cylinder lost

Yesterday I take out the head cover and found not fuel on the combustion chamber cylinder 5 very clean. I think this cause the ring broken

Static test with computer show injector is ok But I think injector is clogged internally or EMM not sending signal to Injector anybody know is that is possible
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes your injector could be clogged, the computer will not pick up a clogged injector.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

evinrude

Yesterday I review the injector and coil is ok, and is not clogged I suspect the electroiman shaft is obstructed or internal seal on injector wear.

Question
              I was reviewing yesterday serial number on injectors and these did not match with serial number on EMM.

Means injectors were changed on the past and not recognized?

Can I just load the correct serial numbers or I need the coeficients for the serial how I can get it?

Comment

Yes the injectors need to be properly programmed to the emm. You will require the dealer program to do this.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

update

Yesterday I review signal while cranking from EMM to Injector and timing light flash 3 times changing to diferent fuel injectors
                  Apparently I have a good signal on all injectors and the Spark apparently get combustion on it get carbon residues.
                  I proceed to tear dawn motor and notice one hose cut on the lowe place of the intake.
                  I am investigation this hose apparently is the air silencer hose.

after tear down I will proceed to verify any obstruction on Oil and Fuel hoses.

Comment

Piston Photos

Heres what I get after power head brake down

Ring broken in one side of the pin locator.

I dont know if that was the reason of the ring broken

I really appreciatte any comments.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X