Removing Shift link bushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Shift link bushing

Hello, I'm working on replacing the seals on my lower unit. I have completed with removing the seals from the water pump, and bearing housing. I now have to remove and replace the O-rings on the shift link bushing but am having a very hard time removing the bushing. I have purchased a new bushing so I’m not afraid of destroying the old one. Any advice would be appreciated.

Motor I’m working on is a 1994 E25RERC

Unfortunately I am unexperience in this specific model. There are no retaining clips so it should slide up. You might try a slide hammer and a hook.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you I figured it out. After much web/blog searching I decided to go with heating and cooling the bushing several times then I inserted a long screw down the shift rod shaft the comes down from the power head and gently threaded a few turns into the bushing. Then I pulled the screw with a hammer claw, and in came right out.

The long screw I used is the one you would use for rain gutters. I had an extra one in my garage after installing some gutters on my house some time ago.

Comment

Working...
      X