Power Tilt-Trim Hydraulic ***embly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Tilt-Trim Hydraulic ***embly

I am trying to remove the Power Tilt-Trim ***embly on my 70 Evindude. I am having trouble removing the lower mount rod. I have used a 3lb hammer and punch to try and remove the lower mount rod with no success. Am I supposed to puch it out from the port side? Will it not come out from the star board side because of a bushing? Do I need to use a slide hammer with an adapter to get the rod out? I am to understand that applying heat to the rod may help get the rod out. Any information and suggestions would be appreciated. Best regards.

Gofish!
    Last edited by Gofish; 10-11-2012, 04:01 PM. Reason: spelling

Yes that pin only comes out one way. Should have a flange on one side and circlip on the other. They can be very difficult to get out depending on the amount of corrosion. Heat may help.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Power Tilt-Trim Hydraulic ***embly

I have removed the circle clip on the flange. There are two circle clips one on each side of the rod. I have removed both. Can you tell me whether the slide hammer with the special attachment sold by Evinrude will work and is necessary for removal? Are you familiar with this slide hammer and special attachment?

Comment

The tool is not required. The pin needs to be pressed or beaten out, you will likely require heat. Heat first before trying to hammer out.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Power Tilt-Tim Hydraulic ***embly

Can you recommend a press that would work in the removal of the lower mount rod (pin)? Will a propane torch work in heating the pin or is a welding torch necessary?

Comment

Working...
          X