Evinrude etec 115 power issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evinrude etec 115 power issues

I have a 115 Etec 2007. It starts easy and idles fine. When I accelerate it has no power. The engine was fine up until a sensor went off went water in the fuel. I had the engine diagnosed and they advised to change filter and put in fuel treatment. This seemed to help for a little while but it progressively got worse. I live in Belize so do not have access to dealers, this is more of a DIY fix, so I am in need of some expert advice.

Thanks in advance.

Start with checking for water in the fuel again, check for spark and compression. Check fuel pressure.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

I have checked spark and compression, but not sure how to check the fuel pressure. Does this reading show up on the computer diagnostics if so where? I am new to all of this. Thx again.

Comment

No would need a fuel pressure gauge and fitting that fit schrader valve on engine to read fuel pressure. Need to drain gas out of vapor separator tank and check for water.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the tip, but how do you drain the vapor seperator. May seem like a stupid question but want to make sure I get it right. Once you do this I have read that you will need to re pressurize the system. Is this true if so How is it done?

Comment

Disconnect fuel hose at bottom of vapor tank.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X