oil leak on a 1999 9.9 Evinrude 4 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil leak on a 1999 9.9 Evinrude 4 stroke

I have a oil leak on 1999 Evenrude 9.9 4 stroke.It was checked out at a repair shop before I bought and the compression was 140 on both cylinders. I have not had time to check it since I took it out. Has any one had this problem?

Where is it leaking oil?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

The oil is around the bottom of the cowling by the dip stick and seeps down the side into the water leaving a oil **** on the water.There is a desending unit with a wire coming from it above the dip stick to the right that may be where it is coming from.Due to the weather I have not been able to check it since I had the boat out and discovered it.This was the first time I have had the motor running.

Comment

When you can, check around your oil filter, could be leaking from that. If not something simple you may want to have a repair shop find the leak and repair the cause.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

I checked this and I have bad blow by coming out when the dip stick is removed .I do not have the fitttingon my compression tester to fit in the spark plug opening.The compression had supposed to have been checked by a repair shop and had 140 psi on both cylinders,when I bought the motor.Is there a PCV valve of any kind or any thing or any thing that could be causing this?I checked the vent hose that runs from the head cover to the carberator and it is open.

Comment

Need to have a leak down test run on it to see if leaking past rings or past valves.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X