help with handle on 89 evinrude omc remote control unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with handle on 89 evinrude omc remote control unit

I need to replace the trim button on my Evinrude OMC remote control unit. I have purchased a trim button, but I cannot remove the handle from the unit. Any help would be appreciated. I have been working on this for three weeks and it is driving me crazy. I am attaching pictures of the remote control unit. Thanks.
    Attached Files

There is a allen screw on back side of control box that holds handle to shaft.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

I have removed the allen screw and the handle would not come off. I have put the allen screw back in and tapped on it with a hammer. Nothing. What am I supposed to do with the allen screw? Thank you so much.

Comment

The only thing you should have to do with the screw is remove it. The handle should then slide off. I am uncertain why the unit is not separating. Try applying some penetrating oil.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

I have removed the allen screw and sprayed a ton of penetrating oil all over the place. I have pryed, tapped and everything else I can think of. I cannot get the handle to come off. Heeeeeeeelp.

Comment

The only other option is to replace the control box. You can try tapping the allen screw again. But should slide off with screw removed.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X