Ignition Kill switch source for 1996 40-hp two stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition Kill switch source for 1996 40-hp two stroke

I have a 1996 Envinrude 40-hp two stroke outboard (E40TLEDS) that has no ignition spark whatsoever. A quick on-line check and test yielded that the ignition kill switch or safety switch is bad. I'm trying to determine how to source that switch and where it is. I've spent some time speaking with the technical and repair folks at Boats.net but they've determined that the switch I need is obsolete.

The boat is a small b*** boat with console steering and the ignition/key switch is located on the inside of the boat hull under the throttle and shift linkage. It is not a tiller steered unit. Apparently, only the tiller-steered kill switch version is still available as a listed switch on the Boats.net parts drawings.

Where can I source the proper switch or is the standard ignition switch and key ***embly all I need?

Thanks.

Were you looking for the neutral safety switch or the safety lanyard switch? What kind of control box do you have? (side mount or console mount)
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

I believe it's the lanyard switch. Could the nuetral safety switch also interrupt the spark? I unplugged the "safety switch wire" from the coil as a recommended test procedure and the engine fired so I'm ***uming it's the lanyard safety switch. Perhaps it could be the other?

Comment

Landyard switch is in side of control box(side mount controls), would have to take control box apart to get switch out or to disconnect wires to see if have spark without switch connected.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X