Electrical problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical problems

Hello, Just a couple of questions. I have a 1998 E200TXECM $ weeks ago the boat was running good then it shut off, Tried starting it agian and it would start then shut down. Thank god for sea tow. I was having the warning horn going off for low oil. I have disconnected the oillines several years ago and mix my own. My tack has the warning lights built in. Is there a warning module that feeds these lights? If the module goes bad will it shut the boat down? I have checked all electrical parts with ohm meter including coils, power pack stator wires. Timing and stator were replaced when a magnet came loose and kinda tore up some stuff. These were replace back in august and it has run great. The warning light for oil was intermitent as it would come on and go off or stop beeping after 30 seconds. This last time it poped on and stayed on. While on water I checked the fuel pump and delivery and all was good. Any other ideas? If there is a module what is location? Also could a bad key switch cause this problem

Run a compression test, check for spark on all cylinders, check fuel for water and if getting fuel to carbs.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X