oops it was milky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oops it was milky

Drained lower unit during my 6 month inspection and what drained out was milky in color. Obviously, seals failed and water contaminated oil. Tried to move prop shaft and there was some movement of shaft. Very little movement, guessing 1/16 inch with no sounds of clanking. I've worked on most things mechanical but this is first outboard, 40hp Evinrude Model: E40ELCEC. I prefer to do a complete job the first time. I have yet to dis***emble and visually inspect but would like to have parts on hand when I do. Is there a standard "kit" for this type of event? Seals and bearings? If not, what would be a starting parts list? Good time to change water pump or any other parts on a 14? year old outboard? Think winter project.

The do offer a complete seal kit for you model. The following link should ***ist you. Yes would not hurt to change the water pump. You should visually inspect components.

0433550 EVINRUDE/JOHNSON SEAL KIT-GCASE 45X $27.97
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Is there a dis-***embly 'how to' for changing the water pump? Also, will I need more gaskets/seals when I break the case to get to the water pump?

Comment

Working...
      X