Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evindure - elan - 35hp - 2 stroke

hey,

a couple days ago i ran out of fuel on the bay so a mate came and dropped off some petrol. i mixed it and poured it into my fuel tank however my engine only ran for about 5 seconds and then cut out and no matter what i tried it wouldnt start again so we ended up having to get towed back to shore. back home a couple of days later i figured that there could have possibly been a bit of really old fuel, debris or water in the fuel tank that was brought out to me so i flushed the line and put some fresh petrol in but still the engine wouldnt start. i then opened the hood and saw fuel dripping down the carburetors and traced it back to a hole from the top carbie (not a crack or anything like that the hole must be a part of the design of the carbie) so yeh just wondering why the fuel would be pouring out there instead of running through the carbie and if there is anyway for me to fix it without having to take it to a mechanic.

thankyou

Sounds like debri may have clogged the float valve, keeping it from closing. You should remove the carburetors and clean. But first check the compression, make sure has not caused any damaged.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

allrighty thanks mate

Comment

Working...
      X