looking for info on 10hp evinrude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for info on 10hp evinrude

Hi all , just got a 10 hp evinrude spares or repair. I haven't seen another model number the same as the one on this. The number is E10BALCTR. Was wondering if anyone could give me some info about this engine , much appreciated thanks

May not be a US model, should be same parts as other 1983 10hp model number.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

thanks for the reply , and does that go for any 10 hp evinrude 1983 yes ? and were these good engines ? could you tell me whats likely to go wrong with the 10hp's 1983 ? thanks

Comment

The only differences are the shaft length and electric start. They were good motors, no specific notable problems.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

thanks , and I am not getting a spark when the cord is pulled , cleaned all the earths for the power pack, tried new spark plug , doesn't seem to be a spark on any of the 2 cylinders , what should I try next ? thanks

Comment

You should test all the ignition components. If all test good, then it is likely the powerpack. Also be sure to check you safety kill switches.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

how would i check the ignition components ? and the kill switches , thanks again for the reply

Comment

Would need to get a peak reading voltmeter and a service manual to test to see if within specs.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
                X