Time To Sign Off......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time To Sign Off......

My friends, ***ociates, fellow members... Lately, that is for a number of months now, I find that I have entered posts/replies, that when entered seemed perfectly logical and correct whereas nothing could possibly be in error. However, in hindsight... sometimes at a later time or date a dawning upon myself or a reminder by a fellow member, would bring to light that what I had to say about a problem... was somewhat lacking to say the least.

I have noticed this happening taking place more often in recent months. I've lost track of how long I've been with this site and a few others... some not a great amount of time, but one or two from day one of their origin... or close to it, at any rate... a long time.

However, so it seems, something that seems to overtake all of us as some point has placed their hand on my shoulder in a manner of speaking, advising me that it's time to sit back, take a seat... break time! Whether it's a age thing, effects of medication, some sort of surgical complications, I don't know... BUT... today I entered a reply to a very easy to answer problem whereas my reply was in error, embarr***ing, illogical, and downright stupid for someone with my years of experience to put into print.

Fortunately a couple of my respected fellow members tactfully and politely called this to my attention whereas I had time to omit/delete my reply. It occurs to me obviously, it's time to park the Harley, to get off and change it for something else. It's been quite a long ride and I feel fortunate to have lasted this long.... C'ya!

Joe
    We hate to see you leave you have been the primary expert on this and the Johnson forum for a very long time, you do have a wealth of knowledge on Johnson/Evinrude outboard motors and your post over the years have been very clear and informative.
    I do wish you well in your retirement and you will be sincerely missed.
    Thank You Joe!
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X