Fuel System Parts Do Not Match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System Parts Do Not Match

I need some help finding the correct fuel system parts. This is an Evinrude V6 I bought a year ago, and has no ID tag on the swivel bracket. The bill-of-sale and previous works orders list it as E200CXER, S/N G03632659. My research indicates this would be a 1994 200HP Evinrude, 25", counter rotation. It came and runs with a RH prop, so unsure about the counter rotation bit.

The engine has been idling worse on every outing, and last time would stall completely on acceleration. I ordered carb kits and a rebuilt VRO fuel pump according to part numbers for E200CXERS on marineengine.com.

The carb kit is listed as 437327 but is incorrect. My carbs have two br*** fixed jets (42 & 35) on the starboard side, and the o ring seal between carb and throttle body in the kit is made for a carb with one jet. Also the gasket for the square side cover plate has wrong hole configuration.

The VRO fuel pump is listed as 0435953, replaced by 5007420.This piece is not the same as my pump. The mounting holes do not fit the metal mounting plate on my engine. My pump has a sticker on it with: 5004554 03-L-1L. The top fitting on my pump is 90 degree - the "new" one is straight. The fitting on the bottom closest to the block is straight on mine, and 90 degree on the new one with 2 o-rings. Both have the same 4 wire harness.

Any help explaining these differences would be much appreciated.

Without model number it will be hard to say, If you are sure it's a 200hp then look at carb diagram of a 1993 model(they are two carb kit listed depending on model number),
    http://www.boats.net/parts/search/BR...ATF/parts.html
    Look at fuel pump as well to see if looks like yours.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

My research sort-of indicates this is really a 1993, but the model number given by the seller is really confusing. I am going to rebuild carbs and replace VRO pump. All the leaf plates look good.

I removed the pulse limiter fitting that screws into the bottom of the crankcase. The manual says there is a check valve in this, but I can easily blow through it in both directions with my mouth. Does this mean it is defective?

Thanks for all replies.

Comment

You will probably get a new pulse limiter in with new VRO pump, but yes replace it.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X