evinrude e200stlccm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evinrude e200stlccm

I put my boat in the water today and it started good, and ran good on high idle. When I took it off of high idle and tried to put it in gear it would die. Since it was cold i thought it needed to warm up so i ran it for a little while on high idle and then back to neutral, same thing happened. Once I got it into gear it would run fine, when i throttled down it would die. I would try and start it and the same thing happened when i went to put it in gear it would die or it would die right after starting. when I shift it sounds like it is shifting hard. When I got home I took the cover off of the front that covers the carbs and there was alot of fuel on the carbs and on the fuel lines. Does anyone have any ideas of what might be happening? Also my primer bulb does not stay hard while the motor is running if that makes a difference, I am not sure if that is normal or not. if more info is needed just ask and i will try and give more info. Thanks.

Probably need to remove and clean carbs.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

not sure if its the carbs anymore. I have broke two housings off the top of the starter now. its almost like the flywheel is either hitting the starter housing or kicking back. I can hear it make a sound (its kind of a clanking sound and the whole motor jerks) when the motor shuts down. Could the timing be off?

Comment

Ok after watching a video of another motor that sounded like it was having the same problem, my motor may be missing badly. What all can I check that would cause it to miss?

Comment

Start with a compression test. Check spark on all cylinders with timing light to see if any missing.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X