Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will not start

1995 Johnson 150 Ocean Runner

compression 110 all cylinders real good spark Carbs rebuilt 1/17.Took to lake would not start at all so took home and put on muffs. would not start except for a few seconds while pouring blue smoke. had to keep spraying carb cleaner to get finally get to where it would say running. took a while. let it idle for about 10 minutes poured in can of sea foam took to lake started right up ran great stayed out about 30 minutes. would keep starting right up. Just cranked it everyday for a week after work no problem. let sit 3 days same problem took about 20 minutes with carb cleaner to get running again back to lake once I did ran great. Had it sitting now for a week will not start again except for a few seconds lot of blue smoke and cuts off. Haven't tried the carb cleaner again since I was told that isn't good for the engine. I am at a lost. took fuel sample didn't see any signs of water in tank.

Replaced cap on oil tank no difference. Tried again and it would just turn over never started not even for a few seconds. Got a bottle filled with fuel mixed in oil and squirted into carbs started for a few seconds cut right off lots of smoke. will stay running if I keep squirting the gas into the carbs. Once I stop spraying cuts off.

Comment

Probably have a bad VRO pump, mixing too much oil in gas. Sounds like you do need to remove and clean carbs and test fuel primer is working.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
      X