Ficht diagnostic software warning message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ficht diagnostic software warning message

I have bought Ficht diagnostic software (E-Diag) from an E-bay dealer. After a lot of h***le ( no installation instructions) I finally got it all installed.

It loads and in the upper left corner above the CONNECT box is a box that says "ON LINE". However the connect status box at the lower left corner says "offline" as does the engine family box says "offline". The ComPort box says "closed".

yes I registered the software.

I click to connect, the status boxes flash and end up the same. When I attempt to open Identity, for example. I get the message "Communication Warning: is key turned on? is communication cable connected? is bootstrap tool connected?, is com port configured?"

The same message is displayed with all parameters.

I used the utilities and did the loopback tests for Serial output and Cable output with 60 of 60 bytes correct. The comport is properly ***igned.

What now please? Any Ideas?

It needs to have data updates for Ficht engines downloaded but you have to be a dealer to get that data, without Ficht software it's not going to read engine data.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

I figured it out. Had it connected to the wrong connector. It all works.

Now I need an updated manual. The PDf manual that guy sold me is V 1.2. LOOKS LIKE I GOT RIPPED-OF.

The E Bay seller was prince craft-evinrude. The software has V4.2 and V4.5 update but the manual is useless.

Comment

I don't have a manual on it, the program we have has it on the help menu of program.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks, I'll check the help menu more detailed.

Comment

Working...
          X