Gas Cap Dura Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Cap Dura Tank

I have two plastic OMC Dura-tanks one with the popular black 2 lug design cap (looks like part #175978), and another labeled Dura-Tank Essence that I want to replace has a 3 lug after market Scepter brand cap with a broken off screw type vent in the center (looks a lot like part #0177004). what part # should I use, and is there one cap that will fit both? The tank in question I do not know what year motor it originally came with. thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Rosie1; 07-24-2018, 01:45 PM.

I think the threads on gas tank are different, try swapping the gas caps on your tanks to see if they will interchange.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

I found that OMC had tanks made for them by Scepter in the early 2000's and those tanks resemble the OMC tanks marked marked Dura-Tank, they are almost the same in appearance but the threads are the same as a standard Scepter tank and the BRP/ OMC part number 0767525 will fit the tanks marked "Dura-Tank Essence" or the 08935 Scepter part should fit as well. Be aware they have changed the appearance of this cap but it fits and works! I thank the Lady at BRP's Sturtevant, Wisconsin plant that helped me figure out this parts problem!

Comment

Working...
      X