"99 Evinrude 90hp VRO PLEEB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "99 Evinrude 90hp VRO PLEEB

Suspect fuel pump pressure issue. Fuel line seems to have air leak. Have relaced fuel line to engine and replaced remaining fuel line fasteners with radiator clamps. Still, fuel semms to drain from fuel line as bulb loses pressure. Starts fine, and runs fine, but after running , shutting off and drifting, have to repump bulb, then will restart but kills when putting in gear. After several attemts, have to quickly gun it, which throws guests about the boat, then runs ok. Any ideas?

I just had a similar problem with my 40HP VRO, after testing operation with another known good gas line hose, I checked the gas and I found water contamination. after replacing the gas and cleaning the carbs it runs great. My problem may not be the same as yours but it doesn't cost much to check the gas for water, siphon gas from the bottom of the tank into a clear jug or jar and look for water at the bottom.
    Last edited by Rosie1; 07-28-2018, 09:46 PM.

Comment

While I'm here, my Evinrude shift control needs work. Cold start lever should drop back to normal operation as I shift into gear. It doesn't do that and I have to drop it manually. Any idea how to repair this?

Comment

Working...
      X