blows a fuse as soon as i turn on the ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blows a fuse as soon as i turn on the ignition

hi all etec 90 2007 was going along fine then lost all power engine shut down, turns out the fuse had blown, replaced fuse as soon as I turn on the ignition it blows the fuse, any ideas? or where can I get a wiring diagram

You have short to ground probably on purple wire from key switch, look for pinched or chaffed wires, check voltage regulator. If have a multi meter then google voltage drop test, best way to find shorts.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

have checked all the wires all look good think I have narrowed it down to the EMU

Comment

I had same problem because polarity where reversed I had to replace the main gauge on the dashboard which was burnt inside

Comment

hi all fixed the fuse blowing it was the EMU but it now wont start AHHHHHHHHHHHH any ideas????

Comment

Make sure no pins in wire connectors got bent or damaged when unplugging and plugging back in. May still have a wiring problem, probably need to run continuity test on all wire harness's. You can get a service manual with wiring diagram at https://www.outboardbooks.com/
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Did you have a dealer install the new EMM as it would need to have the data from old EMM transferred on to new EMM.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
              X