no oil alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no oil alarm

have a 2001 90 hp evinrude ficht on my pontoon boat,today on my way back to the dock my no oil alarm went off. I shut the engine down checked levels and prime bulb and everything was good. I started the engine back up and no more alarms for the remaining 10 min of my trip. What could have caused this? should i get it checked? or wait and see if it happens again next time. This is the first time i ever had this alarm.

I would get it check just to make certain oil injection is working properly.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

ok. thanks. Taking it today to get looked at,fingers are crossed that its nothing major.

Comment

ok. I had my boat checked over by a local evinrude mechanic,he checked the oil system and lines and everything according to him was fine. He said he checked the lines for air and said there was none. He ran the engine to see if the problem would re-appear and it didn't. He verified that the engine was getting the right amount of oil. He checked to see if any codes showed up on the computer and there wasn't any. He said he even called evinrude tech support to ask why no codes showed up even though i had an alarm, they told him that in less the alarm was present at the time he checked than it wouldn't show. I took the boat and had it on the water 3 times for approx 4 hours each time with no alarms. Thought everything was good till today, went out for a few hours and had the alarm go off 4 times. When the solid sounding alarm goes off the engine stutters and drops me down to about 1200 rpm's. Each time i shut the engine down and restart easily with no alarm. I should note that when i got the boat back from the mechanic i marked a line of the oil level and the engine has burnt what appears to be the right amount of oil. I know i was abit long winded but any thoughts or ideas??

Comment

Need to have sensors tested to see if working properly. Sounds like it is an actual alarm and not a false alarm.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X