Missing at any speed above idle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing at any speed above idle.

I have replaced power pack, coils, and rebuild carburetor, run great at idle in gear or out, when try to throttle up start missing bad, return to idle and run great. I need help on what to do next. It's a 25hp evinrude two stoke. Please help.
    Last edited by Biggwg; 04-02-2013, 07:07 AM. Reason: Just removed manifold, there a small hole in the valve drain reed. The little one is this normal?

Check for spark and timing on each cylinder with a timing light.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Checked timing

I have checked timing with timing light and both cyclinders fire at proper time. I have rebuilt carburetor two times and still having same problem. If you let it set over night then start it it will rev all the way up, then it start missing like its back firing, kind of like no popping but spits and sputters and will not rev up. I have replace all fuel lines, checked bulb while running, change plugs, all electrical parts, (powerpack, coils) rebuilt carburetor and cleaned fuel pump. sprayed WD-40 on all joints where a vacuum leak could be. still nothing. I need help. Its runs great it idle and with a load at idle, but wont rev up unload or not.

Comment

I had the same problem on a 93 60hp , It turned out the insulation on a wire had gotten rubbed off , some electrical tape fixed it well

Comment

Working...
        X