1995 Evinrude Intruder 150 falls on its face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Evinrude Intruder 150 falls on its face

This is my first post on this forum. I'm very comfortable around outboard motors and have worked on them for others for years(mostly merc and Yammi).

I've got this intruder motor that is falling on its face when trying to get on plane. It starts and idles great, but once its in gear it starts to stumble and if you go full throttle, it almost wants to get up and boogy, but falls flat and dies. It starts right back up and idle smoothes out. Below is a list of what I've already done to it and some observations.
    I have to note, as I said above, I'm fairly versed in outboards and little things like new plugs, anti syphon valves, and new primer bulb have all been checked or replaced. Not trying to sound arrogant or anything, but I dont believe I've missed the obvious stuff that typical weekend warriors get on sites and ask about without checking or replacing first.

This is a 1995 150 V6 with single 6's and a deleted VRO.
    Equipped with Optical Ignition

1. Tore all 6 carbs off and cleaned( ultrasonic) and rebuilt with OEM kits( plastic bowls were leaking )
    2. Replaced all 6 carb bowls
    3. New plugs( yes, Ive got spark)
    4. Trademark timing and throttle roller fix has been done
    5. Screws are turned out 4.5 turns

The premixed fuel is smoking a liitle more excessive than normal but nothin crazy. Theres no fuel spitting out of the front of the carbs or anywhere else for that matter when in gear or Idle(with boat in the water) Im wondering if I should take the carbs back off to investigate ( Ive rebuilt tons of carbs, but I'm not perfect) or maybe look into the vapor canister(seperator?). Primer bulb stays primed. It appears that its got fuel pressure. When I cover the individual 6 carb throats with my hand, one by one, its pulling fuel from mains up into the carbs. Visually, there is no raw fuel being dumped into the carbs like a bent float or anything.......

What am I missing here, Ladies and Gents?

Can any of you E-Pro's dicipher this situation and help a brotha out?

Pictures and video's available upon request

Thanks Ya'll

You can bump the choke when it boggs to see if starving for fuel, If choking it helps then still have a fuel issue. Probably a timing problem, inspect the timing wheel under optical sensor and all plastic linkage for cracks or damage. You can use a timing light to monitor fire at each spark plug wire to see if losing fire to any cylinders when it boggs.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X