1973 Evinrude 115 dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1973 Evinrude 115 dies

1973 evinrude 115 on a 24’ pontoon, running like a champ all day until I got about 1/4 mile from the ramp heading back in, then it fell on its face like you turned the key off, not a fuel problem because it has fuel all the way to the drains on the fuel bowls. I waited about 20 minutes and it fired up and ran fine. I put a new style controller on this older motor which is hard wired in, when I wired it up I didn’t wire up a horn for the motor, it didn’t seem to be hot and was pissing water great just as it always does. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Best to check it over when it quits to see have spark on all cylinders, check to see if engine is overheated. Might be time to replace water pump, inspect spark plugs to see if all are burning even, is paint burned on cylinder heads or signs of overheating?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

No signs of overheating, put a complete water pump kit in in may and it shoots water out of the telltale really good. Coils were replaced 2 months ago. Seemed like you just shut the key off. Had someone on a Facebook group say it could be the power pack is failing and quit when it got hot then started working again 20 minutes later after cooling down, do you have any thoughts on that?

Comment

If it's not overheating then probably is an ignition problem, power pack or maybe stator.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Ignition is what I was thinking but I’m no outboard mechanic, will the power pack temporarily fail when it gets hot if it is going bad?

Comment

Yes it can and it does happen.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

I’m thinking I will just replace it, it looks original which is 47 years old so if it turns out that a new one doesn’t fix the problem then at least I will have a new one on the motor. Thank you for your help

Comment

Bitcoin is only one of the options for realizing money because fiat money is also mostly virtual. The only difference is that the amount of fiat money depends on some institutions controlled by someone.
                Besides, as already noted, in addition to bitcoin, there is a fairly large number of forks. Their number is rapidly growing, with the slogan, "give each of them his cryptocurrency." Guys, what about the Cryptocurrency Blog, is there one that you have verified?
                Last edited by cleess; 02-11-2021, 07:33 AM.

Comment

What happened?

Comment

RCA 1965 I hope you get your problem solved. I have a similar issue but being new don't know if I am reaching out for help correctly. Before I type my problem would any of you please advise how I post a request for help so I don't waste your time and mine. Thank you!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X