Buy Evinrude Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2000 Evinrude Ficht alternate oil bleed/purge procedure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Evinrude Ficht alternate oil bleed/purge procedure?

Hello, hope all is well. I have a 2000 Evinrude Ficht, I replaced the oil pump and didn't read on the proper procedure of pinching the out line and I started the engine with air in the lines. As a result, the engine shut off (Due to lack of oil) and now it won't turn back on in order for me to bleed the lines properly. My question is, is there another way to purge the lines to get the air out? I was thinking of disconnecting the oil lines from the in of the engine and hit the bulb pump by hand to see if that would pull the bubbles thru but i don't know if that would work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Use the winterization method to prime oil pump
    STORAGE IMPORTANT: DO NOT start outboard without a water supply to the outboard’s cooling system. Cooling system and/or powerhead damage could occur. Fuel System Treatment Stabilize the boat’s fuel supply with Evinrude/ Johnson 2+4 Fuel Conditioner following the instructions on the container. Internal Engine Treatment Remove the propeller, attach garden hose to flushing port and turn on water. Evinrude E-TEC models are designed to be selfwinterizing using either of the following methods: IMPORTANT: Engine MUST be in NEUTRAL throughout these procedures. Throttle Control Method • Advance throttle control to 1/2 throttle (50%) position and then start the outboard. All four - SystemCheck lights will turn on and the outboard will run at idle speed. • After approximately 15 seconds, the SystemCheck lights will go off. Move throttle to IDLE position. SystemCheck lights will light again. • Wait another 15 seconds. SystemCheck lights will go off. At this point, advance throttle to FULL (in neutral). SystemCheck lights will flash, indicating that outboard is in winterize mode. • Outboard will automatically go to fast idle and fog itself. Allow outboard to run until it shuts itself off (about one minute). IMPORTANT: If SystemCheck lights do not flash, or outboard runs above fast idle, immediately turn off outboard and start the procedure again.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Oh ***!! thanks allot. Im definitely going to try that. Thank you I appreciate it bud!!

Comment

Working...
      X