Throttle handle over twists/turns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle handle over twists/turns

I have a 1991 Evinrude 85hp outboard tiller with some throttle issues. I recently rebuilt/deep cleaned it after sinking and runs. The only issue is the throttle handle was rough to turn. But consequentially, I torqued the handle a little too far apparently, and cause the handle to over turn back and forth. So after taking it apart, cleaning the handle guide, WD40'ing down the throttle cable and putting it back together it still acts up. I can get the throttle to turn so that it barely pushes the throttle lever open but won't return fully back/closed. If I manipulate the throttle lever/cam with my finger it will work. And with the throttle handle broken down with the guides exposed, I can push and pull (with some muscle) to open and close the throttle a tad better than I could by twisting and turning the handle when ***embled together. I'm not sure what to do and any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your attention.

Is there any slack motion in cable when push and pull it, may need new cable.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Mmm slack being that when I turn it open it pulls, then when I return to idle it remains in the same position?

Comment

sounds like a bad cable or cable barrel not locking cable in position
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X