Can anyone please help, 90 8hp LS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone please help, 90 8hp LS

I just paid a shop that I have had good service from in the past in Portland OR $600.00 to tell me he can't find a part to fix my motor? My 1st? was "How much more labor time would you have spent if I hadn't called you to ck on it?" $800.00? $1000.00? $1500.00? So.... What are ya gonna do?

Well.... I decided to try my self. With You tube and this forum I am determined to fix this motor. 1st thing I have to figure out is what's wrong with it. The shop said it was the " Dance Plate". When I asked, what the hell is that, he said it again and that "Everybody knows what that is. So I contacted a boat motor salvage yard. The guy who has been in the business for 30 yrs. didn't even have a clue to what The Dance Plate is, but based on his experience he thinks the shop meant the "Ignition Plate/Arbiture Plate?". But, I don't think my problem is the ignition? The Salvage yd. offered me $200.00 for it, but the guy said to give it a shot fixing it my self. So here I am.

The motor fires up, it idles right but when I put it into gear, I get no power. With the throttle wide open it barely pushes me. I'm getting no thrust.

The shop put a new Fuel Pump in it. I changed the fuel lines from the filter to the motor, new plugs. I will put a new carb kit in it, but the shop guy said it isn't the Carb? What to believe?

All help and experience is appreciated in my efforts to do this myself. I have never worked on engines or motors, but.... if I can see it being done I can follow along. I've a visual guy.

Thanks
    gsk1140

It's probably the advance plate they are talking about, which could be affect the timing advance. Need to check it with a timing light to see if timing is advancing when throttle up. Look to see if throttle linkage is advancing plate under flywheel when move throttle.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you for taking your valuable time in responding. You have given me a lead and someplace to start. I am very grateful.I'll let yo kow if I ever get this thing going. LOL....

Comment

Working...
      X