Buy Evinrude Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many volts should the 2012 Evinrude produce 60 hp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many volts should the 2012 Evinrude produce 60 hp?

First of all, hello to all water lovers.
    I bought a new engine.
    2012 model evrude 60 hp.
    When I measure the battery terminals with an ammeter, I get electricity in the range of 11.7 - 11.9. My mechanic said that since the engine is an old model, the dynamo is small and this current is normal. But because the current is low, I cannot fully charge my batteries. Is the 11.7 - 11.9 range a direct current?

Connect voltmeter to battery, start and run engine at fast idle and watch meter, voltage should start to increase after 15 minutes or so. If voltage does not increase then alternator is not charging battery. A fully charged battery is about 12.5 volts.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      Connect voltmeter to battery, start and run engine at fast idle and watch meter, voltage should start to increase after 15 minutes or so. If voltage does not increase then alternator is not charging battery. A fully charged battery is about 12.5 volts.
      Thank you for your answer.
      I guess I'm doing something wrong somewhere. When I hold the voltmeter to the battery head and wait for 1 minute at high speed and measure it, I saw the highest 11.9.
      I will try as you said.
      Thank you.

Comment

Hello again, I wrote the year of manufacture of my engine wrong. My engine is 2006 model. I bought a new battery 60 amps. I also tried this. before starting the engine i checked the voltage inside it is 12.1 v. When I used the engine at 5000 rpm for about 45 minutes, the voltage was still between 12.0 and 12.1. While the engine was running, I realized that the voltmeter shows the value in the battery. I tried both batteries. After running the engine at high speed for about 15 minutes, I measured 12.45 v. 12.45 v when the engine is not running. 2 batteries 12.1v . 12.1v when the engine is not running. I guess this is not normal. Is it possible to see how much charge it produces without a battery connection? I tried to discharge the poles, but it shows 0.

Comment

It is not charging, need to test voltage regulator and stator.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you for your answers. My mechanic said the problem was with the diodes. We are now investigating the cause of the malfunction. My mechanic says the battery I'm using is too big and may have burned the diodes by forcing the alternator. I am using 100 amp solar gel battery. He advised me to use a small 60 amp battery. Do you think the big battery will cause this problem?

Comment

That charging system will not work properly with gel batteries.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
              X