X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 225 Fitch, I need a miracle.

Model # E225FPLEEO
    Ser # G 04712778

This is kind of a like it’s the 4th quarter, one minute on the clock and this is a hail marry p*** to the endzone. I have been trying to fix this problem for almost one year. Maybe this will get read by the one person who can figure this out for me. I have had 5 mechanics from different part of Mexico come to this lake, so far, no one can figure it out.

Its 1998 Evinrude 225 Fitch. Engine only has 275 hours on it. Problem is, if the motor runs for more than 7 or 8 minutes, something (not the engine) over heats and if you turn it off, the engine will not restart for about an hour. Nothing gets power, everything is off, computer, fuel pump and injectors. After about an hour, it starts first crank and runs just fine. Also, when it goes into the mode where it will not start, lights on the gauges are flashing. I have shot the engine with a inferred heat gun and the engine block itself is not heating up, good pea stream of water, water is p***ing through the EMM. Interesting thing is, when I changed the stator and rectifier, it would run longer before the problem occurred and cooled off quicker, so that affected something. Here is a list of things done in the last year to try and fix the problem.
    1. Changed impeller
    2. Changed heat sensors
    3. Cleaned injectors/new correct plugs
    4. EMM rebuilt
    5. Power panel rebuilt
    6. Changed all relays and fuses
    7. Changed stator
    8. Changed rectifier
    9. Had every connection and ground wire on the engine checked by mechanic

If anyone has any suggestions or offer any help, I will pay for your time, whatever it takes. Anyone gets this problem fixed, i will give a fishing trip to Mexico. Thank you for reading all of this.
    Shannon

I haven't had much experience with the Fitch engines but might try a new ignition switch and there is a diode inside engine harness that should be checked. Number 9 in parts diagram, https://www.boats.net/catalog/evinru...9/engine-cable
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      I haven't had much experience with the Fitch engines but might try a new ignition switch and there is a diode inside engine harness that should be checked. Number 9 in parts diagram, https://www.boats.net/catalog/evinru...9/engine-cable
      thank you so much for helping. I will look into that.

Comment

Working...
      X