70hp 1995 Evinrude VRO Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70hp 1995 Evinrude VRO Rebuild

Motor smokes more than usual at idle, has a slight miss at 1500 to 3000 rpm, and plugs are wet. I believe the diaphram on the fuel side is bad and I am thinking about rebuilding the VRO rather than buying a new one. Does anyone have any experience with this, After watching videos on youtube, I have not seen anyone replace the o-ring on the plunger. Any feed back is appreciated.
    Last edited by mrelmo; 07-19-2022, 03:02 PM.

Hmmmmm no opions huh

Comment

Never had much luck rebuilding the VRO's. Can't get enough parts to properly rebuild it. I just replace it.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

thank you for your opinion, I have watched many rebuilds and explanations of how they work. But no one has explained the large "rubber washer" and how that works I would guess it separates the oil and gas before it mixes but a little confused.

Comment

Ok I could not locate GOOD rebuild parts for the VRO. So I plan to remove the vro and use a fuel pump and just premix 50:1. After watching many videos each a little different I have a question on the wires that get disconnected. There are 2 wires black and tan from the oil tank. And a 4 wire harness with black, tan, purple and gray. Do I just unplug these wires and tape them, are there any others and what is the 4 wire harness for thank you

Comment

Yes just unplug the wires VRO and taped them off. Also disconnect wires going to remote tank if you have the remote tank.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

thank you that is what I was hoping to hear, I do have the tank that has the 2 wires coming off it, would you happen to know what the harness with the 4 wire is for?

Comment

Working...
              X