tilt and trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tilt and trim

have a 225 2005 outboard. Engine is in up position. Tried to lower unit but would not move. I could hear engine whine but it would not lower. Maybe fluid? I have had the boat since last May.

tilt and trim

can only get out to shore on weekend. Checked fluid level and it looked fine. I added some until it started to overflow. Tried to lower engine and just got a whine noise. No clicking sound? also tried to lower with manual release screw. Would not budge. Had to call service to have them take a look. don't know what it is yet. Boat is in water so getting to anything is a little difficult.

Comment

might be?

Is the transportation block/lock/latch unlocked??

Comment

tilt and trim

that was one of the first things I looked up in the manual. Tech came and was able to lower motor into water. There was a sheen around boat in water so he said I have a leak and he has to pull the boat to inspect/ work on it.

Comment

well got the bad news last night. The trim unit is rotted out from not having proper anodes on engine. I called the former owner of boat and let him know because he was the one who maintained the boat. Its going to cost me a good amount, in water haul, trailer to shop, parts and labor and yes, new anodes. This is really killing me because my house was damaged in Hurricane Sandy and I just did not expect this to happen. Hopefully this will be the biggest repair I have this summer season.

Comment

Sorry to hear.But thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
            X